cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaring collectons and removing duplicate Rows

john_shiels
Level 3
Hi, I have a process that runs at multiple different times of the day. The process runs at 12pm, 2pm and 3pm daily. The input files are incremented each time the process runs. Eg: 2pm file contains 2pm and 12pm wire transactions, 3pm file contains 12pm, 2pm and 3pm wire transactions, I need to remove transactions that were previously processed. So I need to compare collections are remove duplicate rows. Suggestions welcome.
5 REPLIES 5

john_shiels
Level 3
Input file is excel. Robot loops through initial Input file and stores into a collection. It will then need to loop through next incremented Input file, store into a collection. Then, the robot needs to remove the rows that were in the initial collection.

RobinToll
Staff
Staff
If the collections are sorted, this is pretty easy - you loop through both simultaneously, and can increment them based on which is further behind, getting rid of the ones that overlap. Doing it this way can even be wrapped up in the single loop through to process the new array; essentially you loop through all recordsf rom the newer file, and skip them if they're also in the older one. -Robin Toll

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
As with all Blue Prism processes, the expectation is that you are using a Blue Prism work queue as the basis for your work item processing. As you load work into the Blue Prism work queue, you can simply check to ensure a duplicate item has not already been loaded into the queue to be worked - and if it has do not load it into the Blue Prism work queue again. There are examples of loading work into the work queue in one of the Process Examples (distributed in the same portal page as the process templates).

yes but which actions to be used of VBO or we have to use code stage to achieve this?

yes but which actions to be used of VBO or we have to use code stage to achieve this?