cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption Schema on app server

Hi All,

I have setup the whole Blueprism infrastructure for one of the client and placed the encryption schema on the app server rather than the database. I am able to add/edit the credentials from any other machine/VDI/runtime resource but i am unable to add/edit the credentials from the blueprism installed on the app server and it is throwing the error message:

"Failed to save credentials- Could not encrypt data because the scheme 'Default Encyrption scheme' is invalid"

------------------------------
Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer
3 REPLIES 3

boiko
Staff
Staff
Hi Ritansh,

Hope you're well. This issue could be related to the connection mode being used on the application server compared to the other machines. Make sure that you are connection through the application server itself and not direct SQL connection, this will disable option to create, save and edit credentials. Hope this will helps to resolve it.

Regards,

Tomas

Tomas Boiko
Software support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi @boiko,

I am connecting using App server only in the runtime resources and not with database connection. I am able to edit credentials in runtime resources/VDI's connected to app server but the same is not happening on the app server.​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi Ritansh,

This is an expected behavior since your application server uses direct database connection and it is not aware of the encryption key available in BPserver config.
if you want to edit credentials from application server create a new connection and point it to the bpserver as you did on runtime resources or other ICs

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*