cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancements to Delete worked case(s) from selection

LesZatony
Level 3
I just made the mistake of clicking on delete worked cases when I meant to hit force retry (in fairness to me, they are right next to each other in the context menu). I cannot see any way to recover from this. I find this troubling on many fronts but am also surprised that there is such a focus on enterprise auditability that I would have thought there would be some way to prevent accidental deletes, recover from them, or at least log them. My enhancement request could be as simple as providing a "Are you sure you want to delete xx cases from the queue?" before deleting them. There could be a setting to turn it off. Another option could be to provide a recycle bin that would automatically get cleared every configurable number of days.  We do daily reporting out of our queue so having an accurate count of items completed and those that end in a system exception is really important to us. Thanks!
Les Zatony [JobTitle] [CompanyName]
5 REPLIES 5

TomCirone
Level 6
+1 It even deletes the items from the database so there is no way to recover.  It'd be nice if there was just a delete status.

JosephZulberti
Level 2
Is there any archive table or historical table that contains the data? Or are these deleted items truly gone forever?

DaveMorris
Level 14
Wow Force Retry is right next to Delete Worked Cases! I've never noticed the potential there. I clicked Like on the suggestion. Not sure if that does anything, so... Like!   Dave
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes it's gone forever. After session logs, work queues usually make up the second largest part of the DB and so have to be limited to keep the DB from expanding. But when deleting old items, either manually or via a process, you need to be sure you're doing it right. I've made mistakes with this myself, and it's not a nice feeling! But I agree with your suggestion, some sort of 'are you sure' would help prevent mistakes.

I also often face this. I've submitted an idea on the below link. If it's possible request you to upvote the idea so it can be brought to the surface and get expedited.

https://community.blueprism.com/innovate/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=45dad60d-79fe-4f90-9094-5c9c5cd97514

------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer
------------------------------