cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The window spied was not found in the model

AtsukiMitsuyori
Level 3
Hi,   I've used a certain application, 'Quick', on the VM environment. Then I've faecd below error when navigating the elements on a certrain menu window. There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model    at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)    at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) I don't understand what this error means accurately. I think that BP recognize the menu window as a different Application, so need to attach it again. Is my understanding correct? I want you to tell me what this error means and how to solve it.   Kind regard,
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Do you have a definition for window title in the model? It may be that some identifier other than the application name/path has changed.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check that there isn't another exe running that is part of the same application stack. Some apps do this and it can be frustrating trying to work out what parts belong to what exe (Adobe Reader does this). A BP object can only be attached to one exe, and can't 'reach across' to another.

AtsukiMitsuyori
Level 3
Thanks, Amibarrett and John!