cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel - Run Macro (Threaded)

IanClowery
Level 4
Hi, Has anyone had any luck getting the "Run Macro with Parallel Thread" code snippet provided by BP in the VBOs section, plugged into their MS Excel VBO? It calls a function that isn't included in the base MS Excel VBO (WaitForConfirmationDialog), and there's no global code included with the XML.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PSSupport
Staff
Staff
Hi Ian, The attached VBO has the Run Macro with Parallel thread and also includes the code in the Initialise Page. Hope this helps. Regards Andrew

View answer in original post

25 REPLIES 25

PSSupport
Staff
Staff
Hi Ian, The attached VBO has the Run Macro with Parallel thread and also includes the code in the Initialise Page. Hope this helps. Regards Andrew

IanClowery
Level 4
Fantastic, thanks a million!

Hi,

Somewhat old discussion but, I'm experiencing issues when macros are running.
Where can I obtain this VBO that has Run Macro with Parallel thread action?

I cannot see any attachments.

------------------------------
Patrick G
RPA Dev
Europe/Warsaw

Hello,

I have a need to run a timeout timer during a macro and would like to also know where I can get this VBO.

Thanks,

Bryant Backus

Hi, here is the link to download the MS Excel VBO - Extended, which contains the Run Macro action. I have used in the past and it works well. Just create the macro in Excel, give it a name, save it and then call it from Blue Prism using this object and the Run Macro action.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about it though.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/ms-excel-vbo---extended

Jorge Barajas
Blue Prism
Senior Product Consultant
Austin, Texas
Jorge Barajas Blue Prism Senior Product Consultant Austin, Texas

Hi , even i called action Run Macro with Parallel Thread which i downloaded from the url, BP is still hung (waits user to click the pop up in macro) when a pop up comes from the macro. any ideas?

Xiangling Liu
Consultant
DXC
Asia/Shanghai

Hello Jorge,

Good day.
Can you explain in detail like what kind of pop ups the parallel thread would be able to handle while the macro is running from BP. I was using the Run Macro with Parallel Thread action and trying to understand its functionality, I have created a generic error - kept a file open and tried to move/copy the file to different path from a macro, attached is the permission denied pop up which the Run macro with parallel thread was not able to handle and it required manual intervention.

Could you explain the functionality in detail? Hoping for a quick response.

Kiran P Associate Consultant
SENIOR ANALYST
Northern Trust
Bangalore

Hi Kiran,

If you take a look at the code stage on the Run Macro with Parallel Thread action you'll see that it makes a call to a method titled WaitForConfirmationDialog. This is a method defined in the Global Code section of the VBO. This method runs a loop that checks for the presence of new Windows with "Microsoft Excel" in the windows title bar.

You can try changing that method such that it will look for dialogs that have "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar. If it matches on the title then it calls an additional Windows method to close the window.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

When BluePrism executes a macro, I have the following pop up coming.

14140.png
I am not sure it is a excel pop up. It might be a windows 10 pop up.
The action "Run Macro with Parallel Thread" seems not able to close it.

Do you know how to handle this ?

Thanks a lot by advance.

Laurent

Laurent Delobelle