cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Send Keys - Inputs Set automatically turns 'No'

TomasLarry
Level 2

Dear Blue Prism community,

At the Business Object level within the Navigate Stage I am trying to apply Global Send Keys action. Every time I insert Value for the Inputs without setting the Interval, the Inputs Set automatically turns 'No' and the action is not performed when the process is started. When I insert Interval Value, the Send Keys action is performed correctly. However, I cannot use Interval Input when trying to Send Keys such as Ctrl or Enter (due to: "Special characters (~{}+^%) are not supported in SendKeys if an interval value is provided."). The Element in the Navigate Stage contains the main window of the application. 

After going through the Blue Prism Foundation Academy, Send Keys Guide and Surface Automation Training, I am still not able to fix this issue.

Appreciate your assistance.

20483.jpg
20484.jpg
20485.jpg

------------------------------
Tomas
7 REPLIES 7

DaveMorris
Level 14
The Interval can only be used for regular keys. If you use special keys such as Ctrl or Alt, you can't use Interval. If you need to use Interval for some keys, then the best way to do it is to split up the letters you need to send into separate rows. In the rows with Ctrl/Alt/etc don't use the Interval, and on the other rows you should be able to.

Also, in general, I think you can ignore the Inputs Set Yes/No value. I believe it still has a slight bug where maybe the first row will show the wrong value.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thank you for your answer Dave. The problem I am describing is related to the functionality of SendKeys action. When I am following step-by-step process as described at the guides and tutorial videos, it does not work. Blue Prism is not able to press for instance Enter when Set Inputs is turned to 'No'.

Tomas Larry

What error do you get when you try it with no value in Interval? I see the screenshot of the error, but I"m assuming you had an Interval filled in for that error. What's the error look like when you try without that?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Blue Prism executes the process smoothly without any error till the end. However, there are no outcomes performed. See examples below:

For the same Actions:

Scenario 1) Inputs -> Text -> Value: "Hello" | Interval: 0.1 -> Blue Prism executes the process and "Hello" is written

Scenario 2) Inputs -> Text -> Value: "Hello" -> Blue Prism Executes the process but "Hello" is not written

Tomas Larry

Not even the H is written?

Also, my question was more directed toward Ctrl not working. I may have misunderstood, but I thought you were just having issues with that.

My suggestion would be to use two rows in that Navigate stage. The first row would write 'Hello' and you can set the Interval to 0.1. And then the second row would send {ENTER} and the Interval should be left blank.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

The advice with two rows in the Navigate Stage was valuable and setting the action in this way works properly. Appreciate, Dave.

Tomas Larry

In my case, even tho I put a Interval number the 'Inputs Set' still as 'No' and doesn't write anything. Maybe I can change something in the Settings or just really a bug? I'm using the latest version of BP.

Vitória Lucena