cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mark item in a queue

ClementeDela_Ro
Level 3
I have an item on BP queue i need to mark it as exception thru BP process. I encountered this issue
Internal : The specified item was not locked by this business object..  How can mark the item as exception without locking it.

------------------------------
Clemente Dela Rosa II
3 REPLIES 3

VedSengupta
Level 6
Hello Clemente,
In order to mark any work item as exception in Blue Prism work queue the item needs to be locked and acquired by Bot.

You may want to check if BOT is locking multiple items at the same time. I have noticed this when items are loaded at the same time with no defer or priority associated with them.

One work around is since it is an exception recover and resume it and try locking that item once again followed by marking as exception [ If marking as an exception is a requirement or else you may proceed with next part of your process].

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------

Hi, Ved.
 Thank you or your reply. I made a work around to make the item lock. I update the status of the item on this way the item will be lock then that's the time I mark it as exception. Thank you.

Clemente Dela Rosa II

Hello Clemente,
You can try incrementing attempt in work queue setting and retry if you want to process it again without marking as exception.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------