cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet explorer not launching from control room

SHIVARAMANSRINI
Level 3
We have a web based process involving Internet explorer. We are able to launch internet explorer from both object and process studio. However it does not launch IE from the control room. We have tried both by "launch" from application modeler and the run process action. Both are failing.     
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Mayank,

You can use Utility - Environment (Read Memory Stats) action to get PID, process name, working set, virtual memory. You could use this information in an Attach action by passing in the PID,process name and Window Title. PID and process name is what you had retrieved earlier. Window Title is the one that you want to attach to assuming that this information is known depending on the application being automated. 
This attach action will have to be done in a loop for each of the pid/process pair that you retrieved. If the attach is successful, you have found the right instance. If not, proceed to the next item in the loop.

------------------------------
Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Have you tried launching IE via command-line, then attaching to it after?

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
On the same resource pc?  If it is a different pc/vm, you might have different path to iexplore.exe

Hi Team, I am facing the same issue. I am not able to launch Internet explorer on my client VM. But when I run from process studio the launch works perfectly fine. What would be the ideal solution. I have tried using start process  environment utility.

Harish Sappa
Smaartt
Smaartt

Can you post the screenshot for "Launch" Action and the application modeler configuration if possible?

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
https://www.rpatools.com/
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

FredericTaes
Level 3
We are running into the same issue (BP 6.6.0)
When running the process via Studio, everything works fine. If we run it with the same user but via Control Room, the "Launch" throws the following error:

ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch' on page 'Launch' - There are no more files. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070012)

The navigate stage simply performs the "Launch" on the application. Please find the application model description below.

22266.png

Frederic Taes

Anonymous
Not applicable
try uncheck only interact with elements on active browser. Try after launching to attach, so put a step to attach by pid. It might be a process and doesn't know which is the correct pid to attach.

Cohen
RPA Developer

Romania

@Mr Right - Is there is way to capture PID of process at run time, if I have multiple IE running I want to compare title of each window and get corresponding PID. This information shows well in windows task manager, however dont know how to capture it from there. ​I tried asking same question, however still looking for a solution - 
https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=145&MessageKey=65f50508-f535-4e02-a095-49c73e65cb35&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01&tab=dig...

Mayank Goyal

Hi Mayank,

You can use Utility - Environment (Read Memory Stats) action to get PID, process name, working set, virtual memory. You could use this information in an Attach action by passing in the PID,process name and Window Title. PID and process name is what you had retrieved earlier. Window Title is the one that you want to attach to assuming that this information is known depending on the application being automated. 
This attach action will have to be done in a loop for each of the pid/process pair that you retrieved. If the attach is successful, you have found the right instance. If not, proceed to the next item in the loop.

Shashank Kumar
DX Integrations Partner Consultant
Blue Prism
Singapore
+6581326707

@shashank.kumar280 - Thanks a lot for your response,  ​this is a good alternate way to handle it. However I was wandering if some information is available with task manager, then there will be some way to retrieve it with code.

Mayank Goyal