cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process run is successful from interactive client but fail from run time VMs

Akhlesh_KumarJi
Level 4
Process (browser automation) is running successfully from interactive client machine. When the same process is dragged on rumtime VMs (monitoring session from interactive client) Process gets stop. Process gets stop at the point where it is trying to identify elements (those were spied using AA mode). In Process Global clicks, Global send keys actions/events are used. I don't think it gets stop due to AA mode used in browser automation. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you mean that the process runs OK in Studio but not in Control Room, then check that your Wait stages are making your process keep pace with the application. Processes run much faster in Control Room and it could be that it is running ahead of the application and trying to do things too soon. Alternatively, if you are accessing your VM by RDP, then actions like global mouse click and global send key will not work after the RDP connection is closed. We do not recommend RDP as a remote access tool - see many other posts on this forum and http://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/2017-11/v6%20Data%20Sheet%20-%20Remote%20Access%20Tools.pdf

DanHumeniuk
Level 2
Hi we are currently experiencing a similar issue. I can confirm it does not relate to the process timings and waitstage. I can also confirm that it does not matter weather we are using RDP we still see the same failure. Is there any other information that you are able to provide relating to how AA interacts with the Client systems. The common error we are seeing is that when using AA it is causing Appman32.exe to fail with a invalid type cast exception. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.   Kind regards

Akhlesh_KumarJi
Level 4
Hi, In my case Process is running from control room only in each case. Now I am using Login agent to log on runtime VMs. After login completed, Process is dragged on runtime VM. From many attempts I got 2 successful attempt only. Process gets stop somewhere in between where it tries to identify element (spied using AA mode). I am pretty sure it's not a spy problem because from interactive client it's working fine. Thanks!

SamuelHavik
Level 2
Hi, We had a similar issue with our process as the bot accesses SharePoint (Web based). It seems that the VM needs to be visible for the process to work. When we run the process remotely it will be on hold indefinitely (we tested 3 days at least), until we open the VM and make it visible. Then the process will run as per normal. I have a hunch that this can be caused by the spying parameters? I'm still trying to resolve the issue. At the moment we had to run the process manually as scheduling it would cause the issue to happen. Thanks.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Daniel - your mention of 'invalid type cast exception' is worth looking into. Could there be an element in the application model where the data type has been changed from the default? For example, if you spy a 'Total' field you might be tempted to change the element data type to Number. This will work, provided the field always contains a number, but if it doesn't, I think you'll get some sort of casting error message.