cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create database connection or use the existing database connection

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
I upgraded to 6.2 and then rolled back to 5.3. But after downgrading, I was not able to open Blue Prism due to the below error: { Message: Error loading configuration options : Password is invalid.Blue Prism will continue using default settings Details: BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.InvalidPasswordException: Password is invalid    at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.MachineConfig.Load(TextReader reader)    at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.BaseConfig.Load()    at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.clsOptions.Init(Boolean userSpecific)    at Automate.main.main(String[] args) } If I click on ok, it will again popup a window with message as password invalid & this message keeps reappearing whenever I click on configure to create the database connection. This is happening only with the downgraded versions. If I'm using 6.2, it's working perfectly file. How to resolve this issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
Attached the screenshots...

sathiyajothi
Level 2
I am also getting the same error . Did you find any solution for this issue?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can't mix a v5 application with a v6 DB, you need to restore the DB backup you created before upgrading. The upgrade requires that the DB is modified (new tables etc to accommodate new functionality) and each version of BP requires a corresponding version of the DB.

DeiseRaiane_Rib
Level 3
Hi Niteesh! 

I had the same problem. I had installed a local database instance at version 6.7.3 and needed to go back to version 6.5.0. I solved the problem as follows:

- deleted the connection that pointed to the local database 6.7.3;
- uninstalled Blue Prism and deleted the C: \ ProgramData \ Blue Prism Limited folder
- I installed version 6.5.0 again;
- registered a new connection pointing to the local version 6.5.0 database.

------------------------------
Deise Raiane Ribeiro dos Santos
------------------------------