cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify/activate background window

johwes
Level 4
Hi. I am working on a process running two separate chrome windows. When one window is in the foreground, Blue Prism in unable to identify the other window and Activate Application doesn't work.
36493.png

The two windows have different titles and there is no issue identifying any elements when the window is in the foreground. As soon as it is in the background however it seems to become invisible.
The main window is spied as Win32 to use Activate Application in Navigate and attributes are kept to a minimun:
36494.png

All other elements are spied with UIA and browser mode.

I could of course set up the process to open and close each window for each task but this will cause the process to become very slow as each web application takes a while to open.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Johanna

Have you tried using an attach and setting the child index value? or the hide unhide options on the window?

johwes
Level 4

@Michael ONeil

Hi Michael. I have an attach at the beginning of the action:

36492.png
The attach action sets the child index to 0. However I am unsure about how to use the child index in the Activate Application action in the navigate stage as I can't find any reference to it.  ​

By hide/unhide options on the window, do you mean the attributes for the "Main Window - win32" element? 

EVIPUTI
MVP

i have faced the same issue before where a simple combination of attach and detach when changing window have solved the issue for me . 

Also you can try Changing Run Mode Exclusive to Foreground or use global send keys to bring the background window to foreground . Or you can also use different browser for different endpoints .

------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------