cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write User Name in a web based application

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
I'm trying to automate a Web Based Application. While entering the User Name & Password using Write stage, this text is overlapping with someother text, because of which the application is throwing credential error (Attached a screenshot). This is happening only with the solution where as manually, no such things were happening. Also, i tried with Global Send Keys method, where again i'm facing lot of issues while inputting the characters as it's skipping few characters. Can any one help with the solution to overcome these issues? Version i'm using: 6.2.1
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
I tried to use the send keys as well - but, it's skipping some characters in the text I'm sending. For now I added a 1s gap to ensure all the characters are entered, but, I don't think this is robust, as it takes very long time to fill a form.

(Final solution: Spy the element using the HTML mode. In the workflow, click on the element & give a time gap before sending the text with global send keys/key events with a time gap. No issues were reported later. But, this process consumes more time.)

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

DenizKilinc
Level 4
I may suggest using application navigator to spy the input box because it seems like there are more than one elements referring that box and the one you are trying to write is not the correct one. Try spying all the elements referring that box and try to find out the correct element by trial and error.

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
Currently there were two elements in this field, one the input & the other a text placeholder. I'm entering data into the input type element.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
What blueprism write does with fields is not exactly the same that user does. Blueprism happily writes to fields even if you have alert blocking user input, unlike selenium webdriver for example. Placeholder text is held in another element and likely updated with js when user interacts with a page. If this is just a visual glitch and works otherwise - ignore it. If you actually get wrong results, then clicking and using sendkeys would likely solve your issue, but you wouldnt want to do that unless it is really necessary.

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
I tried to use the send keys as well - but, it's skipping some characters in the text I'm sending. For now I added a 1s gap to ensure all the characters are entered, but, I don't think this is robust, as it takes very long time to fill a form.

(Final solution: Spy the element using the HTML mode. In the workflow, click on the element & give a time gap before sending the text with global send keys/key events with a time gap. No issues were reported later. But, this process consumes more time.)

DenizKilinc
Level 4
I have a similar issue too and I am working on it currently and I have just learned that if you use html, Blue Prism might not write what you're trying to write into that input box because when you use HTML mode, it just fills the input box but doesn't invoke the javascript behind it. Might that be the problem for your case?

For future readers... I solved it!

I had the problem with the excel application, while using the write stage, it seamed like the placeholder text mixed with the information I was trying to write...

The solution is to spy in html mode that placeholder and write ""  with the write stage there ! You wont see how the placeholder is changes, but it works! In my case, I spied a span type of attribute

Best of luck!​​

------------------------------
Carmen González-Conde

EVIPUTI
MVP
@Niteesh Reddy  Which browser you are interacting with ? Have you tried launching the application with different browser and spying or is it a application level issue ?​

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

It was back in 2018. I remember like using IE.
Anyways, the issue is resolved with the workaround mentioned in Reply 5. Any more robust solutions are appreciated.

Niteesh Reddy Bollu Senior Software Engineer
RPA Consultant
PepsiCo India Pvt Ltd
Gurgaon