cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility File Management VBO not available

rodneyallen
Level 3

Hello Community

I am trying to import a csv, then format it and export it using Blue Prism. I don't seem to have the Utility File Management VBO installed, and I receive Bad Index errors and Excel doesn't launch using the MS Excel VBO business object. I have been trying using the Notepad Object but i m not sure how to validate the data's format before exporting to a new CSV file. Can you advise best next steps please? Is the Utility Object available on the training edition of Blue Prism?

Also, Is there a way to search threads for this answer? 

Thanks

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hello @rodneyallen 

I am sure you would be able to do it with CSV to Collection and work on the Collection for anything else in terms of data you want in there and back to CSV from Collection - VBO you require would be Utility Strings or File management for CSV operations, I am attaching both of the objects, you can import it via File->Import->Release insde the BP Tool.. Do let me know if you face any difficulties using these actions inside both of the object.

For rest of the errors if you are still encountering them- kindly attach some screenshots for details on what actions and stage you are accessing.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hello @rodneyallen 

I am sure you would be able to do it with CSV to Collection and work on the Collection for anything else in terms of data you want in there and back to CSV from Collection - VBO you require would be Utility Strings or File management for CSV operations, I am attaching both of the objects, you can import it via File->Import->Release insde the BP Tool.. Do let me know if you face any difficulties using these actions inside both of the object.

For rest of the errors if you are still encountering them- kindly attach some screenshots for details on what actions and stage you are accessing.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar