cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application modeller name change. Solution doesn't work anymore

KK1
Level 3
Hello, I needed to change almost all names related to elements in application in Application modeller. The point is that I checked if the names were updated in all references. After this change the developed solution(process) doesn't work anymore. BP can not find the elements or is selecting the wrong items if any. The only thing I have changed is Element details--> Name. What may be a raison(I know there is a lot of hidden attributes in BP) and how can I fix it or make the fast name updates in the future? Is the only solution to spy all the elements again?  
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Renaming an element will not affect the stages using it (the reference is done by an ID, not the name) so can't see how that could have affected the solution. If you have changed the element attributes, then that could have an effect. For a mass change, you could consider exporting the object XML, editing the file and then re-importing. However that is a very risky option that should only be attempted if you know exactly what you are doing.

KK1
Level 3
The point is that I have changed only the name of the elements and after that my solution does not work anymore. BP is unable to recognize he elements. If you are saying that name has nothing to do with it I really do not understand what happened. I will try to extract the object xml. Thanks.

KK1
Level 3
Up for this question. Maybe someone could explain me why after renaming the elements they are not identified correctly by application modeller any more?