cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

net-data grid view - table

Anonymous
Not applicable
In our organization, we have a tool which is created in CTS Platform : .NET Programming language used : C Sharp The From framework is created in - WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) Once we use Blue-Prism to spy the framework, it takes as a table instead of individual rows or column. Please guide which technique we can use to review the grid via Blue-Prism.
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Have you tried using Application Navigator to find out if individual cells are available in the Accessibility model that the application has available? WPF is a precursor technology to Flash and Silverlight etc.. so my understanding is you are lucky to be able to identify anything, and exactly what you can identify will be in the lap of the programmers who first developed it (and who will probably not have tested to ensure their application was accessible).

Gaudabalakrish1
Level 3
@Denis_Dennehy,   We are also facing the same issue. still we didn't get solution for that. Can you please help me how can we get those data as a table or collection?

DavidEdwards-Da
Level 5
WPF is /not/ a precursor technology to Silverlight and Flash at all.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I used the term 'precursor' to say that it came before Silverlight and Adobe Flash and is comparible in what it does - I was not saying it was a direct ancestor of either of those technologies.   Here is an answer I gave in another WCF thread on this forum: It is up to a developer of an application to make their application accessible. So for a WCF developer they should follow Microsofts accessibility recommendations: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/ui-automation/accessi… Blue Prism will soon be adding a new UIA interface (due in the next month or two) that will increate the number of WCF elements we can interface with, but it an application has not been created with accessibility in mind it is always likely that some Surface Automation techniques will be required (Something that is a lot easier in v6).

DavidEdwards-Da
Level 5
So apparently my submission last night from my phone that included a question as to when UIA would be coming to Blue Prism got chopped off. I agree it's comparable to Silverlight given they both make use of XAML, not so much Flash though. I suppose you could debate on Flash given that it, like WPF won't respond to any of the standard win32 APIs like GetWindowText, SetWindowText etc. Neither here nor there though as you got to what I wanted to talk about. It's good to hear that UIA is coming to Blue Prism, we'd all hope that Line Of Business applications being written with WPF would use standard controls and just style them as required. I can be wishful anyway... To ritikamehta - is the grid a WPF DataGrid control? If yes, is it possible for you to get access to it's data source (making an assumption here that it's connected to a DB)? Alternatively, you could build up an object that's mainly comprised of code stages and talk to the UIA libs yourself examples: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/141842/Automate-your-UI-using-Micr…  

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Also... it is always worth playing around with screens containing tables/grids to see if there are any export options (either from the main menu, an export toolbar icon, or from a context menu).   Well created apps usually have options to extract grid data... but not always.