cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a Data Type from Number to Text

FrankieTEWV
Level 5

Hello All,

In my process we download a compliance report , the only data we need from this report is the Staff Number and the Appraisal Date.

The report is a csv file and we put this into a collection. The issue im having is that some of the staff numbers is in the report have a dash in them eg 123456-7

The data type for the Staff Number is automatically pulled through as (Number) in the collection therefore any staff numbers that have a dash in are coming through as 0, i know the reason why its doing this is because any with a dash in should have the data type (Text) not (Number)

35748.png

Does anyone know how I can convert or change the data type against the Staff Number field to be (Text) so that any staff numbers with a dash in them will be put into the collection NOT as 0. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Franie

2 REPLIES 2

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Frankie Legg - Utility File Management - Get CSV as Collection uses OLEDB to pull and parse the CSV data - which by default is taking the source data format to the output collection, to avoid this formatting issues you could use two actions - Utility File Management - Read All Text from File - Read everything as text values first and then do the Utility - Strings : CSV to Collection, see below : 

35743.png

35744.png

35745.png

Example Output Collection as below : 

35746.png

------------------------------

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
------------------------------

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

FrankieTEWV
Level 5

Thanks yo so much Mukesh - that worked 🙂 !!!