cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch stage failing to launch edge browser

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
Hi,

I'm trying to interact with a browser based application on edge browser. I have Edge Version 95.0.1020.40 installed on my machine. Although I was able to spy & capture elements from the application, I keep getting the below error:
Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Launch Portal' on page 'Launch-<<Application Name>>' - Unable to create process: <<Application URL>>
Can anyone help to resolve this error?

Note:
1. There are no issues while working on chrome.
2. Currently I'm using the evaluation version of Blue Prism v7.0 & hence browser related settings are not available under 'System' tab.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Niteesh,

I am unable to reproduce your issue in my v7 while working with the latest version of Edge v95. I attempted both "a browser is already running" and "a browser that is launched from an executable file" option using Application Modeller. I plugged in full path to msedge.exe executable in the "Path" parameter of a Navigate stage, and the URL to the website to the "CommandLineParams" parameter of the same Navigate stage.

I would ask you to either share more details of your particular implementation, or if you have access to Blue Prism support, raise a ticket to have someone to assist you.

Also to note that from v7 you do not get the browser settings in Systems as in late v6 anymore, since the communications between browser and Blue Prism extension has been replaced by "Native Messaging Host" which does not require any specific port to work. This should be the same with any v7, no matter if it is an Enterprise Edition or Community Edition.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Niteesh,

Blue Prism Edge extension is by default disabled in v7. I would suggest you check the setting if it is the case on your machine. We have managed to find a solution to this issue in v6.10.3, and any subsequent v7 should have this incorporated as well.

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
The issue got rectified after I removed the value from the 'Path' of the Navigation stage inputs. But, this is creating another doubt. What if I have to pass the URL (dynamic)? rather than hardcoding it into the Application Modeller?

@Bruce Liu. I know that we have to enable the addon manually for edge. But the error is coming even after that....only with 'Navigate -> Launch' stage. All the spied elements & other stages are working perfectly.​

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Niteesh,

I am unable to reproduce your issue in my v7 while working with the latest version of Edge v95. I attempted both "a browser is already running" and "a browser that is launched from an executable file" option using Application Modeller. I plugged in full path to msedge.exe executable in the "Path" parameter of a Navigate stage, and the URL to the website to the "CommandLineParams" parameter of the same Navigate stage.

I would ask you to either share more details of your particular implementation, or if you have access to Blue Prism support, raise a ticket to have someone to assist you.

Also to note that from v7 you do not get the browser settings in Systems as in late v6 anymore, since the communications between browser and Blue Prism extension has been replaced by "Native Messaging Host" which does not require any specific port to work. This should be the same with any v7, no matter if it is an Enterprise Edition or Community Edition.

Niteesh_ReddyBo
Level 5
@Bruce Liu. Thank you...I found the error from your analysis.
I'm passing the URL in the 'Path' input variable of the navigate stage rather than in 'Command Line Parameters'.​​​