cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading of single digit numbers from Java Application returns strange results ie. ( 2 becomes 2楰ᩥꥀᬜ ¶¶❈怖살ᩨ¶㻣)

BenMcNicol
Level 3
When attempting to read a single digit number from a Java Application the returned result returned has some random characters appended to it. For example 2 becomes 2楰ᩥꥀᬜ ¶î„ ¶ˆæ€–살ᩨ¶ã»£ Interestingly  For multi value readings the correct value is returned. For example 19 is returned as 19.
7 REPLIES 7

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
This behavior is specific to your application, can you share the URL if possible? You can use native functions of blueprism to separate number 2 from the remaining text.
Narayan

BenMcNicol
Level 3
Thanks for your reply, The application isn't publicly accessible.  I've implemented a convert to number with an exception stage that retrieves the left value if the number conversion fails. This works well for reading the cell. I think i can use some regex for the application modeller.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Another workaround is using read selected. I reported this 9 month ago, few mails back and forth, below is what I got in the end. Never escalated it again, because it is not that critical for us, but I'm a bit disappointed it is taking so long.  Ticket: https://support.blueprism.com/helpdesk/tickets/35641 The issue is now being worked on by our Development Support team with a view to checking both the scope and impact of the change and to assess the timescale for including the resolution in a future release of the product. I suggest we now mark this incident with a ""Closed"" status, simply because we have all of the information we need to assess the issue, and no further input is needed from you at this time. You can be assured that the issue is being tracked and monitored by our internal systems. If the issue gets resolved in the product then it will be recorded in the Release Notes for that version.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
How to reproduce: 1) Run Java control panel, open Network settings, select Use proxy server (just to spy it) 2) Input value ""1"" in ""port"" edit box 3) Attach to it from blueprism and try spying that edit box   Expected Java Text: ""1"" Actual Java Text: ""1�禐Ě빸ᖾ�÷�÷ଘ猱玌෢�÷"" (There can be any garbage after actual value, depends on what happens to be in memory I assume).

PaulStroescu
Level 2
I had a similar issue with a bespoke java application and if I recall correctly, the trick was to focus the field before reading/writing from/to it (Navigate Stage, Focus)  

KarthickSivabal
Level 3
There are two options wile getting data from Java ""Get Text"", ""Get Selected Text"". use the second one, you will have only the value.   Let me know if it works.

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
kartiks, as I mentioned before - second option (""Get Selected Text"") is indeed a workaround, unless you have partially selected text in the edit box ofc.