cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't log parameter option turn on/off from studio

Neel1
MVP

I am looking for option from Blue prism Studio to quickly turn ON/OFF the below option like we have for logging.

13047.png

------------------------------
Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

PvD_SE
Level 12
As an alternative to the missing 'Global' button, you could run a script on the '.bprelease' XML that changes the logging setting for each action to the required value. This would be part of your deployment process where you set values to the release file according to your requirements in your production environment.

Obviously, that requires you to make a new release including all processes you want to change to no logging, and from then on run this script on each release to be deployed. I think the XML element you're looking for is '<loginihibit', that's either not present, or it is there without a value or it has a value. Find whatever value for this element you require and add or remove from the XML accordingly.

Alternatively, you follow Manpreet's instruction to edit each process and change its logging settings.

As a last resort, you might as the good folks at BP if they would be able to provide you with an SQL script to change the settings to your liking in the database.

...please note that the order of the alternatives above is not the preferred or best order, but rather the order they came up in my head as I wrote this. Choose your favorite and go for it!

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

View answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ManpreetKaur1
Level 8
Hi @Neeraj Kumar,

You can follow the below steps to disable logging at the process level rather than at the stage level:

Edit --> All Stages --> Disable logging

Please let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte

...you might want to consider the use of 'On Error only' rather than no logging.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

Yup exactly Paul.

@ManpreetKaur1 - Disabling wont help in any ways. Error only need to be there but don't log parameter need to checked. I am looking for this not complete disabling.​

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

I don't think there is any option to do a global enable/disable on the 'Don't log params' option.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

PvD_SE
Level 12
As an alternative to the missing 'Global' button, you could run a script on the '.bprelease' XML that changes the logging setting for each action to the required value. This would be part of your deployment process where you set values to the release file according to your requirements in your production environment.

Obviously, that requires you to make a new release including all processes you want to change to no logging, and from then on run this script on each release to be deployed. I think the XML element you're looking for is '<loginihibit', that's either not present, or it is there without a value or it has a value. Find whatever value for this element you require and add or remove from the XML accordingly.

Alternatively, you follow Manpreet's instruction to edit each process and change its logging settings.

As a last resort, you might as the good folks at BP if they would be able to provide you with an SQL script to change the settings to your liking in the database.

...please note that the order of the alternatives above is not the preferred or best order, but rather the order they came up in my head as I wrote this. Choose your favorite and go for it!

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

@ewilson - What is your suggestion on this topic.​​

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hello @Neeraj Kumar,

I think @PvD_SE has laid it out pretty well. There is no global mechanism for enabling/disabling stage-specific logging, that I'm aware of. I've pinged a few people to see if someone has an existing script or utility hidden away in their personal bag-o-tricks that might cover this. If I get a response I'll post it here.

If there is an existing utility/script it would be doing the same thing Paul has discussed. In other words, editing the XML of the process either directly in the BPAProcess table or via .bprelease/.bpobject/.bpprocess/.xml file.

Cheers,
​​

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@Neeraj Kumar,

After asking around internally, it seems all you have are the global enable/disable logging options in Studio under Edit -> All Stages -> Enable/Disable. If you've set the Don't log properties on this stage flag, its value will be retained even if you disable logging. Then, if you re-enable logging the flag will still be set. So it seems you would have to edit the XML directly.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@ewilson - Can we submit this as idea?​

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect