cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a Schedule from a batch job or an API

ArkadyDudko
Level 4
Hello, Community:
Does anyone know how to kick off a Schedule that has been to set up already - equivalent to Right Click , and Run Now in the Control Room?

I know how to run a Process - thru a AutomateC command line interface, and I already have a VBO that can create a batch script and run a particular Process on a specific Resource, however I want to be able to launch an entire schedule immediately. The Schedule may consist of several tasks that will run sequentially in a Workflow.

I am developing a process with which i want to monitor a schedule that may have been skipped due to another schedule running already, and re-submitted. 

thanks, in advance!
Arkady
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Would the AutomateC method of starting the schedule be suitable for you? For example:-

automatec /startschedule /schedule "My schedule" /user <my username> <my password>

This will start "My Schedule" immediately in a native authentication environment.
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Would the AutomateC method of starting the schedule be suitable for you? For example:-

automatec /startschedule /schedule "My schedule" /user <my username> <my password>

This will start "My Schedule" immediately in a native authentication environment.
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

ArkadyDudko
Level 4
Thank you @John Cowell ! Worked brilliantly ! I will implement this into our utility VBO .

Cheers!​